Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The ultimate sacrifice for love

We all know what they call the ultimate sacrifice for love but in the moment could you do it knowing what it would cost you in the end?  Can you let family go to save them from you and your mental health issues to keep from hurting them any further?  Can you walk away from your kids with little to no contact in order to keep you from making their lives a living hell while you fight off rage, cycles and manic behavior?

I did it and it cost me more than most would willingly give up who don't have my issues.  I couldn't deal with family who did not care about my feelings, my wants or needs.  That put me in the backseat because I was what they considered inferior but didn't completely cut me off because after all they likely would need me for something later, like paint a house, fix their car, move their furniture, babysit my own kids even though they didn't trust me when they were first born.

I will go through the rest of my life likely very alone because I wasn't there for those who needed me and cut off others who kept hurting me when I begged them to stop.  I will not see my kids marry, have kids of their own because I am the "lazy Dad" who didn't take care of them, wouldn't just give them money without even getting information about where they were going and whom they would be going with once I had some money.  No one ever wanted to tell them the truth that their Dad was considered nearly legally crazy and was barely able to take care of himself let alone care for them.

So I ask again.

"Could you make the ultimate sacrifice for love knowing what it would cost you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment