Friday, July 24, 2015

The sleep deprived and a constant ringing from no one

This time of the year my sleep is off and on at best, at worst I don't sleep for days, sometimes weeks at a time.  Last night I was trying to sleep and someone from the Grand Rapids, MI area kept calling me repeatedly refusing to leave a message for the second day in a row only this time it seemed like they were calling every hour for three or four hours.

Even going so far as using a different number on the second day but still it kept ringing in my ears to the point where every time I came out of REM sleep my mind wondered who it was and what the hell was so important they had to keep trying my number over and over.  By 11pm I was now wide awake and thinking about the number(s) which when I searched online found nothing to tell me who it was other than it was a landline. 

If for some reason it's a creditor they aren't going to warm themselves to the idea of me paying them when they keep calling me like that.  I don't like my sleep disturbed because as a Bipolar with Sleep Apnea, sleep is a hard thing to come by at times.  And lately with other things going on I don't need the aggravation this is causing me. 

And what is with the no longer being able to legitimately search for phone number information without someone trying to get their hand in my pocket?  Why must we pay for information for businesses that are harassing us when we go to find out who they are in order to stop them from going that far?  With phone calls refusing to even leave a message when they insist on calling hour after hour into the early evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment