Monday, May 25, 2015

Some people worry when I write

They can't possibly understand how I express myself through the darkened words on a page.  How they keep me from the edge where I swallow alcohol and pills trying to drown my body into a hypnotic state of the death march.  I have been there before willingly begging for relief from my pain, my soul, my life.

Rather I have been held longer than my expected stay here on this mortal coil we call Earth.  I have passed my expiration date and have no idea why.  Are my words helping anyone?  Have I become the spokesperson for generations of sufferers?  I don't think so.

Maybe when I'm gone they will read these words and finally understand that when I wrote I was trying hard to not harm myself.  To avoid branding, to avoid suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment